Sunday, January 9, 2011

High Heels and Power Tools

A few weeks ago my friend Sarah of Cable Car Couture invited me to participate in a fashion show for Mikarose, a local women's clothing store that specializes in modest, fashionable clothing.

I figured that, coming in at just over 5'1", this could be my one chance in life to walk the runway, so I couldn't pass it up.

It turned out to be a lot of fun!


Photos by Elisabeth Kate Photography

The following day, I installed some bathroom fixtures,

hung up some LPs in Ryan's "studio,"

L to R: Meet the Beatles, Little By Little (Harvey Danger), Revolver, Abby Road, Gig Poster


spackled some holes in the walls, insulated the windows, nailed our wobbly desk back together, and with a little help from Ryan, weatherstripped the door. (I guess my inability to reach the top of the door frame without jumping precludes me from a career in weatherstripping installation as well as runway modeling).

Maybe I should find a career that makes the most of my two talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment